Living and Learning in the Light of God
Lady Elizabeth Hastings’
is a welcoming, safe, fun
and outward-looking school community
in which Christian values are lived out.
Inspired by a culture of creativity,
coupled with high expectations,
our confident, happy and caring children
are active learners who achieve their best.
We want our children to develop:
- positive attitudes and approaches to learning, including enquiring minds and independent learning skills;
- a love of reading;
- good communication skills both spoken and written;
- healthy lifestyles and good social and emotional awareness and well-being;
- agility and physical skills as well as enjoyment of being physically active and participating in sports and games;
- as responsible citizens and proactive member of their communities;
- an understanding of faith & spirituality and have the opportunity to develop their own faith and spirituality;
- sound moral values;
- respect for others and celebration of diversity;
- the ability to respond imaginatively, creatively and sensitively to the arts and have the confidence to enjoy opportunities to be creative;
- skills, knowledge and understanding of numeracy and the ability to apply these to problems and real life;
- skilful, well-informed and responsible use of ICT;
- the skills to learn about the world; building upon an initial core of knowledge and understanding and a fired interest in finding out about the past, present and possible future.