Living and Learning in the Light of God
Lady Elizabeth Hastings’
is a welcoming, safe, fun
and outward-looking school community
in which Christian values are lived out.
Inspired by a culture of inclusivity,
coupled with high expectations,
our confident, happy and caring children
are resilient learners who achieve their best.
Through the intent and implementation of our curriculum, we aim for pupils to:
- have healthy lifestyles: enjoy being physically active and participate in sports and games, develop good social and emotional awareness including an understanding of mental health and wellbeing;
- develop positive attitudes and approaches to learning, making mistakes and tackling challenges, including enquiring minds, resilience, perseverance, confidence, creativity and independent learning skills;
- develop a life-long love of learning;
- respond imaginatively and sensitively to the arts;
- develop Christian Values with a focus on core values of Friendship, Reverence, Courage and become responsible citizens as proactive members of their communities;
- grow in their understanding of religion and belief and celebrate diversity whilst having the opportunity to develop their own spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness;
- develop knowledge, skills and understanding across subjects of the curriculum making links with the wider world so that pupils understand the bigger picture; · develop a life-long love of reading;
- be fluent communicators both orally and in writing, efficient mathematicians and competent, skilful and responsible users of IT.