Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Teaching Assistant & Lunchtime Assistant required asap
Salary: £19,554 pro rata
Location: Thorp Arch, Wetherby, Leeds
Contract type: Fixed Contract subject to budget
The Governors of this happy and hardworking school community, wish to appoint a highly dedicated, enthusiastic teaching assistant and lunchtime assistant to work with and support students. This is a fixed contract position to start asap.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a calm and nurturing attitude
- Be able to make learning fun and interactive
- Be able to facilitate children's learning in both 1:1 and small groups
- Have experience (or be willing to undertake training) working with children with a range of
- Be able to share information and have professional communication with the class teacher.
- Be able to support the Christian ethos of our school
In return we can offer the successful candidate
- a warm, welcoming school;
- supportive colleagues;
- an induction programme for new staff
- well behaved and polite children.
The school is in the heart of Thorp Arch village and surrounded by countryside, is a very attractive setting in which to work. We are committed to staff development and school improvement.
The school is also an active partner within the Wharfe Valley Learning Partnership – a trust of ten local schools who work together to improve outcomes for all children and to provide collaborative professional development opportunities.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 29th January at 12 noon and needs to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisting will take place Thursday 30th January with interviews being held week commencing 3rd February2020.
For more information, or to book a visit to the school, please contact Mrs Gill on 01937 842566 or email@example.com.
We promote diversity and applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age or disability.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.