Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-code-of-practice
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK – either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and the role does not meet eligibility for sponsorship, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.
KS1 Class Teacher
Location: Lady Elizabeth Hastings CE VA Primary School, Thorp Arch, Wetherby, LS23 7AQ
Grade/ Band: MPS
Vacancy Hours: 1.0 FTE
Contract Type: Fixed Term until July 2024 in the first instance (with potential to extend)
Application Closing Date: Monday 20th November 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 22nd November
Interview Date: WB: 27th November 2023
Required From: 1st January 2024
Telephone: 01937 842566
Headteacher: Mrs. Katie Barnett
The governing board are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and highly committed teacher to join our happy, welcoming Church school where all are encouraged to let their light shine by ‘Living and learning together in the light of God.’
The post is based in our mixed year 1 and 2 class and is offered on a fixed term contract in the first instance with potential to extend after the initial period.
The successful candidate will:
- have the opportunity to work with motivated, enthusiastic and well-behaved learners
- work in an environment where values of courage, compassion, friendship and respect are at the heart of what we do
- join a hardworking, caring and passionate staff team who are committed to continual improvement
- be part of a school that has a commitment to supporting staff wellbeing and to avoiding unnecessary workload
- be supported by our highly committed governing body, parents and local community
- have opportunities for continued professional development and subject leadership through our work with the Local Authority as well as the Wharfe Valley Learning Partnership
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and
expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Visits to our school are welcomed and will take place by appointment at a mutually convenient time. Please contact our school office on 01937 842566 or email: email@example.com.
To apply please download the application form and return it to school.
Please visit the Leeds City Council Jobs website to view our current vacancies.